Hey guys, how are you all today? At around 7am yesterday, I had a sudden burst motivation and thought of loads of different blog post ideas. Due to this burst of motivation, I’ve found that there are many characters I want to discuss, who stand out to me or I just simply like, but I have no way to do so. That is the whole idea of this post, it’s a way I can share all those awesome characters with you guys, discuss and find out characters who all of you guys love, too. It’s sort of like a character showcase, I guess, where I showcase fortnightly all the characters I love, or who have stood out to me. However, fortnightly is not set in sand, it may be changed to monthly, whichever I find works best for this post. If you have an opinion on this, please, let me know in the comments.
Anyway, enough of my blabbering on, let’s start the first ever character spotlight!
Recently I’ve been stuck in a stupidly long book slump, meaning I haven’t read a book for far too long. However, there are still many characters from weeks ago who I can’t seem to forget about. So, what a perfect time to be able to write and share my thoughts about them.
Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab
Deliah “Lila” Bard, is one of my favourite characters in ADSoM; she’s a female character, from Grey London, and she is a thief/pickpocket, who one day dreams of becoming a pirate.
Reasons why I like Lila Bard:
- Delilah Bard is a complete and utter BADASS.
- I love the fact Lila doesn’t take crap from anyone and she completely stands her ground.
- Lila is as tough as nails, she has many weapons and she fights for what she believes in.
- She’s a strong girl.
- Lila has always dreamed of her own pirate ship, getting away from Grey London and she fights for this dream. In other words, Lila never gives up.
- She finds a friend in Kell and it’s adorable.
- She’s daring.
- Her humour cracks me up. Like, seriously, when she uses the Black Stone and creates an illusion of Kell performing a strip tease I was crying!